This curry is so simple that we even let our 6 year old make most of it in the video. And yes, he did love eating it afterwards..
When my 2 year old cries like the world is gonna end if i don’t hold him while my 6 year old shouts non stop that he is hungry, this is the curry I go to. Simple, easy and healthy in every way. This curry is dedicated to Lucas (my friend’s 11 year old kid), who wants to know the recipe for every curry he tries. I wanted to come up with a recipe that he could make and be proud of. Thus this curry was born 🙂
DID YOU KNOW?
- Fennel water is a home remedy for stomach upsets and the yellow-green seeds are commonly offered as a digestive after a heavy meal.
- As a food high in MCTs, coconut milk is a very filling, fat burning food. Of course, portion control is important, but as a part of a healthy diet it provides necessary fatty acids in addition to other minerals that support weight loss and detoxification.
Cuisine: South Indian
Essential Spices: Fennel Seeds
Serves: 2 Adults
|Carrots (Batoned)||1 cup|
|Green Beans (Chopped)||1 cup|
|Onions (Diced)||1 cup|
|Potato (Chopped)||1 cup|
|Ginger (Grated)||1 tbsp|
|Garlic (Minced)||1 tbsp|
|Green Chilly/Jalapeno (Optional)||1-2|
|Oil||3 tbsp||I use Coconut Oil|
|Full-Fat Coconut Milk||1 cup|
- Add all the ingredients except coconut milk to a pot.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook on Medium heat for 25-30 mins till the vegetables are cooked.
- Switch off the stove and add 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Serve with hot basmati rice or pulav.
- A Historical Dictionary of Indian Food by K.T.Achaya