Tender grilled chicken marinated in spices and creamy yogurt. Tell me, how can someone not love it? I’ve had so many friends ask for this recipe. Very easy to make and always a success!
There are very few dishes that my kids would eat for lunch and would beg to have it for dinner again. This is one such dish. I always skewer in some veggies with the chicken and the veggies taste so juicy and yummy, that my kids don’t even realize they are eating vegetables. Shhhh.. Don’t tell them..
Guys, this recipe is very easy and tastes so so good. Can’t wait to hear how much you loved it.
Cuisine: North Indian
Hot Curry: Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder
Mild Curry: Paprika, Coriander Powder
Serves: 2 Adults + 2 Kids
|Chicken||1.5 pounds||Or use any other boneless meat|
|Chilli Powder||2 tsp||Or use paprika for mild curry|
|Dried Fenugreek Leaves(Optional)||2 tsp|
|Garam Masala (Optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tbsp||Or use crushed ginger 1 tbsp & crushed garlic 1 tbsp|
|Juice of 1 Lime||1|
|Yogurt (Strained)||1/4 cup||Or use coconut yogurt for dairy free version|
- Soak the skewers in water to prevent them from burning when grilled.
- Pat dry the chicken to remove moisture and cut into skewable pieces.
- Add all the other ingredients and marinate the meat. For best flavor, refrigerate overnight.
- Skew the meat in skewers and brush them with oil/ghee.
- Preheat broiler on high for 15 minutes
- Place griddle as close to the heating element as possible and cook for
- Place your griddle as close to the heating element as possible and broil the meat for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the skewers, brush with oil and put it back under the broiler for another 10 minutes.
- Internal temperature of chicken should read 165 F.
- Tender and flavorful Chicken Tikka is now ready to be served with Naan or as a side for Rice. You can also use your tikka to make this mouthwatering Chicken Tikka Masala.